Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Queen what? continued part two.

         

# 4

# 4      the photo above is of what will be a draw; the clamps are there to hold it together as I have not glued it yet. The face of this draw will be stained prior to final assembly.

 

 

# 5

# 5      in the photograph above you can see the beginnings of a desk.   There will be a lot of staining, gluing an occasional nail along with a few screws.

Yes there are instructions on the table. I really don’t need the instructions; I keep them for appearances only (@%$*&@^!).

 

# 6

# 6      in this photo you will see the pigeon holes for envelopes with the three drawers. This is assembled dry (no glue) to see if everything fits. This goes inside the body of the desk seen in photo # 5 above.

# 7

# 7      as you can see I am working very hard at sanding some of the wood pieces from the hutch. When this photo was taken it was 100 degrees, I had two fans directed at me. As long as I stayed seated in front of the fans the heat was bearable.

Shortly after the photo was taken, the plastic chair broke under me. It was not due to excessive weight, the chair was brittle from being outside in the sun for many years.

 

Thanks for reading this.

 

Don Ford

No comments: