Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ride on...

Harley sued Honda over this motorcycle model. It looked and sounded too much like the Harley.

In the mid-90s Honda built this bike known as the ACE, or American Classic Edition. The V twin motor loped somewhat like a Harley.  The bike looked similar to a Harley but it was liquid cooled where the Harley is air cooled.
Donna and I went to see this bike in Killeen TX. I explained that we would just look no purchasing, just look. I fell in love when I first saw it and I believe Donna, if not love, she really liked it.
               I rode it home that same day (I was not on a fixed income in those days).  I enjoyed this bike for a year or so but it was soon evident that riding two up on this bike was not as easy or safe as it would be on a larger bike, possibly a black Gold Wing.
The black Gold Wing had all the nice options, a 6 cylinder motor @ 1500 cc and was a comfortable ride.
Then, one day, I rode the 1800 cc Gold Wing, seen below.
This is my present day ride, not bad for a person on a fixed income (I bought it in 2003 when I was working).

From the rider mind of    Don Ford

All rights reserved: any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.


                 

1 comment:

Mary said...

Very nice bike, but I still like the first one best!