Translate

Friday, June 22, 2012

Blame the kid...


            My computer would not work, who do I blame.


Each morning Alex, (my 2 year old grandson) and I sit in front of my lap top.  I have it connected to a blue tooth key board, mouse and a large monitor.  Old people on fixed incomes need large monitors to be able to read.  
                Alex likes to turn the monitor on and off looking for my expression.  He also likes to type into the key board. There are a couple keys, when pushed, cause the computer to make a sound (cap lock and number lock).
               We do this each morning and if I am trying to read an email while Alex is pushing buttons it can be a challenge. Yesterday was no different, Alex push buttons and I was trying to shut the lap top off.
               Later in the day I went back to check for any email and I was unable to sign in. I could not enter my password. I shut the PC off and restarted it hoping that would correct the problem. After three tries I disconnected the lap top and took it into the front room where I would try one more thing, before I took my nap.
               This time I removed the battery for a couple minutes. After reinstalling it I turned the Lap top on and I was able to sign in.  It worked.  I turned it off and took my well-deserved nap.  I was still wondering if Alex had pushed the right combination of keys to cause the PC to not accept my password.
               After the nap, I took the lap top back and reconnected the monitor, key board and mouse. I turned it on and it would not accept my pass word. Was I upset? You could say I was upset.  As I sat here wondering what I could do I noticed the on off switch on the key board was off.
I decided to activate the switch moving it to the ON position. It is amazing how this switch can enable the blue tooth key board.  I could enter my password.  All is well at the Ford Homestead.
It was still Alex’s fault, he turned the switch off, and I just was not smart enough to notice the switch was off.

From the switching mind of                         Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.

                 

1 comment:

Mary said...

bahahahaha! I think with the kiddies around, your stories are going to be even more entertaining than they already are!