Translate

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Excellent Service

As you may know I do not usually enjoy shopping, especially when I must deal with uneducated, non-caring, over paid and much less than enthusiastic people. 

               In the opening statement I referred to those people and not employees. They may be on the clock and they are getting paid, but many are not working.              
Today I made one of my rare trips to Wal-Mart. As I drove around the lot looking for a parking space one of the Wal-Mart people (cart person) came out of the store and walked across the pedestrian cross walk at about half speed. This person was probably 20 years old but he was not in a hurry to do his job or get out of my way.
 I was looking for an advertised item that cost $2.00. I looked around for the item but could not find them. There were similar items that ranged in price from $5.99 to $10.99. 
I interrupted a female employee who had been standing and talking to another female employee.  She said, “There have been a lot of people asking about those, we should find out where they are”. 
She then asked the other lady but she did not know where they were.  She walked with me around the department where other more costly items were located. 
At one point she indicated that the item was packed in threes at a price $7.95 for 3.  Obviously this Wal-Mart person could not do math and had not taken the time to look through the Sunday advertisement.  
               She was approached by another Wal-Mart person and the young man did not know where they were.  He did suggest one location where they might be and walked with me to the area but none were found.  Returning to where the young lady was she said she would call management to find out where they were located.
               The young man suggested, “They may be in the ad but we may not have them in the store”.
               The young lady went back to talking with the other lady, seemingly not caring whether I, “the customer”, lived or died. No one from management came to the area.
               We had a couple items in our cart and when we went to check out there was one lane open. The lady at the check put seemed to be doing her job but as I looked around, admittedly I was not happy and was looking for someone who cared, I observed 3 Wal-Mart people that were doing nothing and or had expressions that told me they would rather be doing anything other than being at Wal-Mart.  Notice I did not say they were working even though they were on the clock. 
               In all fairness there are many good Wal-Mart employees but today I was able to find those that did not do their job well and were not caring about “me”, the customer.

From the non-customer mind of                  Don Ford

This can be shared without permission.


                                                                                                                 
                  

No comments: