Translate

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Busy ay the Ford Homestead

            It seems as if I have not had a lot of time recently to put a thought on the blog (I know it made you happy but others still like it) but it might just me being lazy.


               Toilet paper seems to dislike me for some reason.  Every time I get ready to put a new roll on the TP holder, the outside layer of paper is stuck on the other paper. I try to un-stick it but it always tears then I have to try to get the torn paper and get to a point where the paper looks good and will come off the roll evenly. This process takes me from one to three minutes.
               Also, it is a state law that the toilet paper should always come over the top and not from the underside as the paper is pulled off the role.
               The Fords of Dallas have moved in with the Fords of Hewitt. Trying to get settled in is not an easy job.  Unpacking is a seemingly never ending job.
               In the middle of this I had to have the Gold Wing repaired.  I brought it home yesterday and I was going to back it into the garage but the reverse would not work.
Yes, it has a reverse, no it is not like the Harley, and you don’t need to push it backwards. Yes a Gold Wing cost more than a Harley and many cars.
Today, Gabi and I took a ride on the Wing up and down the street in front of the house and after the ride the reverse began to work again. I don’t know why it happened but it is working now. Possibly, Gabi is an angel and her presence on the bike made it work.
I need to check my motor cycle burglar alarm to see why it isn’t working. Glen suggested that I first check the battery in the remote. That kind of makes sense.
Since I did not win the riding mower from DIB, I bought one.  You can see the mower in the center top of the photo. Now I can easily mow the back yard without walking.
It is out of the way so the kids can play in the sprinkler.

I usually leave a short strip of grass growing in the yard so Tejas can chew on it when he has an upset stomach. I noticed after Patrick and Karla had ridden the mower around the yard a few times the tall grass was gone.
As you can almost see, the grand kids were having fun as I was watering the yard (in that spot).
A little while later, the grandkids wanted a water slide, we moved the water sprinkler near the slide.

From the wonderful mind of                        Don Ford    
 
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.


      
                  

1 comment:

Mary said...

That will be fun living with the grandkids, for a while anyway!
Congrats on your riding lawn mower, I'm so excited for you.
You be sure to teach Donna how to use it, she just might need to fill in for you now and then!