Translate

Friday, May 11, 2012

Ford's Homestead

I was helping my neighbor Glen when I looked across the street and noticed my house seemed to be in the woods. On the left end of the house you see; yes there is a trash can there but I wanted to point out, “my chair”. That is where I sit to watch the grass grow and neighbors…  I see that you are interested in the front porch. Yes, you are correct, that is a bench seat from a church.  I do occasionally preach and it helps put me in the right frame of mind.
         (You can click on any photo in an article and you are able to see all the photos.)
Ok smarty, I heard what you asked, “If I was helping Glen how did I have time to take the photo”. Glen was getting something from the shed and that is why I had time to take the photo. I don’t have a smart phone like most “wealthy people”; my poor little flip phone makes phone calls and takes photos. Maybe someday I will have a smart phone.  That brings up another thought, “how many people that own smart phone, are not as smart as the phone”.
What was Glen doing? He was painting his house and he was on the tall end.  I was at the bottom of the ladder standing on the bottom rung assuring the ladder did not move. I was also offering expert advice to Glen and he was ignoring it, as usual.
The homestead is defended by my “ever alert” sidekick, Tejas. He is continually on the lookout for bad people and the occasional cat. When I am in my chair he is just a few feet away on guard. 
OK, sometimes he takes a nap when I am sitting in my chair.  He is always alert if I have trail mix or peanuts to eat. Yes, I give him a small hand full when I am eating.
There, he is awake. The neighbor’s 3 year old grandson “Noah” had just called out to me and Tejas was ready to defend me.
Noah likes to come over for short visits and usually wants to sit on the motorcycle.  He also has a tendency to get toys out and his Nana generally has to put them back. He enjoys playing with Gabi and Alex.
As you know I am a master of many vocations including “master electrician”. Below I have my ladder in place as I am preparing to remove the security light.  The light has stopped working so I assumed it was a bulb that was burnt out. This is a fluorescent fixture that takes a 42 watt bulb and puts out as much light as a regular 150 watt security light. I ordered a new bulb ($12.00) and installed it but it wasn’t the bulb (I now have a spare bulb) . I have ordered the fixture and will replace it today.
               I did install the new light fixture and it works. You may want to call me, “Master Ford”.
To the right is my well used rocker from which I enjoy life (usually in the afternoon when it is in the shade) and get ideas.

From the Masterful mind of                         Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.


                                                                                                                  
                  

No comments: