Translate

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Times passed but not Forgotten

This is more info about the olden days at the “Ford House”; it can be considered kind of a follow up to the previous posting but with different photos.
In the olden days when we lived in Missouri, Patrick would be nice to his brother and occasionally read to him. I think this may have been a posed photo because I don’t remember Patrick ever having glasses. Donna the person that does not want her name mentioned in these articles said she thought Pete may have had glassed at one time. The glasses look too big for him so I think they were hers.  The boys are in the kitchen at the table and the curtain behind them covers a glass sliding door. There was a patio outside the doors and I did the cement work (another of my many skills). The cover over the patio was taken down one winter when we received 18 inches of snow in one 24 hour period.
The photo is an old Polaroid that I scanned into the computer so I can’t adjust the size. Looking at David from the side, I think he looks a lot like Alex (his son).
In the next photo we live in Texas. I know the photo was taken in our front yard but I am not sure why the cop car is driving down the street. Now that I think about it, the cops use to patrol our neighborhood more when there were more kids in the neighborhood. They were not after my kids; our boys were almost angles, almost.
Again it is a scanned photo and I can’t tell if Pete has a black eye or something else under his eye.
               The next photo shows a girl (Karla) that was pursuing my young innocent son (now his wife). I can’t believe that Donna would let them sit in the same chair, that close. 
         I just noticed that you can really see the paneling in this photo. I also noticed that the subjects of this photo were very young. I am sure that are too young to be dating.  
I had to call Pete to ask where they were going dresses this nice. They were heading for a weeding.  I Knew Pete was out of school because he had long hair. They look real nice and they were young.  Had the camera been turned on its side we would have had a full view of the clothing.
               I am sitting in the back yard typing this article and my computer is also playing a public radio station, the Prairie Home Companion is on. Someone has their grill cooking and it smells very interesting. I could eat something if I did not need to fix it myself.
               There is a large Hawk or it might be an Eagle, flying overhead. As I watch the hawk it seems to not be moving. I think that would be a very nice thing to do, just float around in the sky like that hawk.
               Well I think I will go inside and see if there is anything to eat that is easy to fix.
Have a good week, be nice to someone, and listen to others.

From the always young mind of   Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.


                                                                                                                  
                  

No comments: