Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day

Just a short note.
               The day itself means nothing, it is just another day. How we use the day can make a real difference in your mother’s day.  If your mother is still living be extra nice to her. You can get her a card, buy her a flower or other gift and she will enjoy it. If you can visit your mother she will enjoy that even more. Taking her out to dinner is much nicer that allowing her to cook for you. You must give her a big hug. If you can’t visit then call her to let her know you are thinking of her.
               If your mother has passed take a few moments to think about her. What are your first memories of your mother, the happiest memory, did she have to get on to you all the time, and was she your confidant?
               I have many memories and this one is silly but I will share it with you. I remember when I was small and I had done something wrong Mom was after me.  I crawled under the bed and I remember she was using a broom to try to get me to come out from under the bed. If she got me to come out the other side of the bed by the time she got around there I was back under the bed. It ended up being a game for both of us.

               For the Mother’s reading this I hope you have an extra nice Mother’s Day.

Don Ford 

                                                                                                                 
                  

No comments: