Translate

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Time has passed

Is it hard for you to believe time fly’s as fast as it does? 
Donna, my first wife, has asked that I not talk about her in these articles. I think the first time she made that request was when I had point out the possibility that she would pick up aluminum cans on the side of the highway to earn money since we are on a fixed income. 
What? Yes we are still married.  Why did I refer to her as my first wife, she was and is my first wife. That should not be that difficult to understand.  If you would stop asking these questions I will continue.  That sir, was not a question and I will not reply to that comment!
Back to my original thought; my first wife was going through some old photos and came up with a couple that I thought were worth posting. For those of you that don’t know our neighbor’s grandson Jordan or my youngest son David, this will not mean much to you so you can stop reading now.
          Thank You

Now that they are gone and we are alone here, I will try not being distracted.  Have you noticed how easy it can be to get distracted? I have the old black and white movies on while I write this note and I fine that I do stop occasionally to watch. I like the old movies because you don’t need to think as you watch. When someone gets shot you don’t see blood, guts or brains all over the place. I digress…
               As Donna was cleaning out the garage she found some photos of David playing football in Junior high. The photo of David was taken in our drive way and he was in the 7th grade. I think that would make him about 13 years old (23 years ago). The photo was scanned in and I was unable to get it exactly square on the scanner even though I tried several times. The photo is bowed and when you take you hand off the photo it moves a little.
               I hope you will notice how excited David is to have his photo taken. David looks more like The Owen family but has more of the Ford personality. While my son Patrick (not pictured here) looks more like the Ford side of the family (all fords are handsome people regardless who they look like) and has more of the Owen personality.
As I was going through the photos I found one of Jordan when he was rather small. Jordan is now either 17 or 18 years old. We see Jordan by his grandparent’s back yard swimming pool fishing. There is a fish on the line. Jordan appears to be excited about that fish even though his grandpa “Glen” may have put the fish on the line.  I see his cowboy hat lying on the floor of the deck.
               The swimming pool and Deck have long been removed. There is now a wood fence between Glen’s yard and the neighbors.

              

               I need to get out of here and finish mowing the yard. I decided to try to mow yesterday and in between two bouts of very light rain I was able to get the front yard mowed. Now I need to mow the back yard.
               Have a good weekend.

From the time warped brain of    Don Ford
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission id strictly prohibited.


                                                                                                                  
                  

No comments: