Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thinking outside the Box

We are told that we should occasionally, “think outside the box”. As I understand it, the, “thinking outside the box” comment means to think differently or see things differently. With that thought in mind, I may be outside the box all the time.
               In this article I will attempt to give you a different view. As a matter of fact I am almost sure you will have a new view on things after reading this article. 
               Donna (who does not want her name mentioned in my articles) and I are going to North Carolina for a weeding next week. She likes to take photos and asked if she could take her camera. I explained that her camera was too large, and since we will be gone a week space in our bags will be at a premium.  I have an older digital camera which has not been used for a while. This camera is small and easy to pack.  I have been repeatedly charging and discharging the battery and taking photos with the camera to determine if it will hold a charge and take enough photos for Donna.
               I took over 175 photos yesterday, using the camera. I have photos of everything around the house. Some were accidently good. Accidently may have been incorrect, I am a “Master Photographer” and even my less than stellar photos are still high quality (see below).
               Why do we occasionally need to think outside the box? It keeps us from becoming stale, it may provide a new outlook on things, and you may do things differently. Heck this process could not only help you at work but it could help your marriage. It could help and older person feel younger.
               It was late Tuesday afternoon, the rain had stopped a couple hours ago and I was on a mission to take photos until that camera went dead. I walked around the house taking photos of everything. 
The neighbors would be smart to take lessons from me in lawn care including proper mowing, or at least read my book;
Lawn care for Oklahoma Ave.”        by Don Ford  (to order a copy send $29.99 to me)
 
As I stood in front of the house I opened the mail box and took a photo. 
This is what the mail man sees all day long, empty mail boxes.  Then he puts all the junk mail in the mail box and drives to the next. I can’t remember the last time we received a letter from someone, but we get all kinds of junk mail every day.
Now it is time to, “think and see outside the box”.  Please be open to a new experience.
Here is a new view on life that you have not had before. You are now, “seeing and thinking outside the box”; outside the mail box that is.
Please take a moment and view the photo; as you look at the photo, you should have a nice quit feeling of security and being protected. I am sure you have never had this view before. I will also explain why you feel so secure when viewing this photo. When you are inside the mailbox, “you are under the protection of the Federal Government”. It is a federal offence to mess with someone’s mail box and obviously having big brother there protecting you is very reassuring.
Oh no, there is a mean looking old man that is going to remove you from the security of the federal government. Do not look at his shirt and think that it is dirty and do not notice that he appears to be fat.  (These photos add 15 pound to my belly.)

Now that you have been thinking outside the box, you should feel enlightened? If you are employed you should have a meeting with your boss and explain your new view of life. If you are married you should just drop it, it isn’t going to help.
From inside, “the outside of the box mind” of        Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited. 


                                                                                                                 
                  

No comments: