Translate

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

How much did it cost 04.03.18

                How do I start this article? I guess I should state that we had to spend money that we don’t have, “Ear marked” for this purchase. I would also like to state that my wife of, soon to be 49 years, had to hit the roads last night and did not get home until after 2:00am, she was attempting to gather additional aluminum cans, in an effort to offset the coming purchase. Before that one person asks, we were married 49 years ago on the 5th of this month.
                Now that I have been diverted from the original subject, I have been editing a story I had written three years ago. The story is about time travel and I had posted the first part in the distant past. After re-reading it I am editing it and may have a different ending.
                We had a good time yesterday with the grandees here, today they are back in school. I will need to find something to do outside before the rain that is predicted this afternoon. I may get the chain saw out and butcher a couple logs I have on the ground.
                The other day I had moved the cable box off my desk to the counter next to the desk, possibly a total of 2 feet. After the move the TV decided to act up, and finally quit working totally. I tried several things that had been suggested but none of them fixed the TV. This TV was only 10 years old, and was not only used as a TV but it was the main method of watching the security cameras.
                I looked on line to see what I was going to have to pay for a new unit, and decided that I probably should do without. After several hours of crying at my desk I decided I would go to Wally world and see if they had something I could afford. They did, but there was no one there to tell me about the unit. In other words they had no sells associates to advise me. I left discouraged and disappointed.
                I headed for the one place that might brighten my dismal day, a little. Star bucks was helpful providing me with a cup of coffee. Having a coffee on a day when the temp was only 52 degrees, will help every time.
                Coffee in hand, the Ford’s Chevy headed for the better buy location. Note I don’t use names of the business as I don’t advertise for them, at least I don’t advertise for them very often.
                At the Buy store, they had a TV priced less than the previous store, and they had a fellow who actually helped me by answering a few questions. He asked if I wanted a smart TV or not. I looked at him and asked, “Do I look like a dummy to you”? He said, “No sir”. I than asked, “Why do you think I should need a smart TV”? He explained what a smart TV was, and I decided I did not need one, they cost $70.00 more than a dumb TV.
                I purchased the unit ($79.99) and brought it home. I installed the TV and it works as a TV, the security cameras, and a computer monitor. I learned later that using it as a computer monitor, the sound comes from the TV and it is so much better than the sound coming from the lap top. I now wonder why someone would pay more for a large computer monitor when they could use a TV as their monitor. Probably everyone but me knew that, I am the last to learn. Photo to follow.
                Before you ask, it is a 24 inch TV and the old one was a 19 inch. No I did not plan to use it as a monitor for the computer, but if you want to view photos through the computer it really works well for that.
                You may click to enlarge the photo below, do not look at the adult beverage on the desk! Yes the so-called news was on the TV screen, it was a video taken with a cell phone.


                Now I need to get back to editing my story about time movement.

You are welcome!

Don Ford

No comments: