Translate

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Control the items 04.25.18

               As your personal instructor, I am here to provide information as to how you may be able to more easily access items in your garage.

               This does not apply to that one person who has a garage in which everything has its place, and where both vehicles can be parked inside the two car garage. I doubt seriously if there are very many people that fit that description.

               This instruction is for the rest of us, you know, those of us who have things that can’t be thrown away. The perfect example would be that piece of wire, you know the one, it’s about 30 inches long and was cut from another wire used on a previous project. You roll the wire up and start to toss it out but you think, “I might need that someday”, so you put it in a drawer or box with other valuable items. 

               I have too much junk, I mean valuable items in my garage, and to get to my tool box I must move several items that are stacked in front of the tool box. The items are too valuable to toss out, so I just put them in a tote or box for future use. One box has scrap pieces of wood. These valuable pieces were cut off boards and kept for future use. Now you see why they can’t be tossed out.

               I formulated the idea that, since I could not toss out these items, I should have a way to move them easily when needing to access the tool chest. As I reviewed the sale item list from the freight company that has something to do with boats, I saw a cart. This cart was 24 inches wide and 36 inches long and has two shelves. I could place all the items that are in front of my tool chest onto the cart, and I could easily move them when needing to access the tool.

                                             Now you see how smart I am. Don’t toss junk out,

                                             just keep it on a cart and move it when it is in the way!

 

               I jumped in the Ford’s Chevy and drove to the Freight store where I learned, that they were out. The employee told me they would get a truck in tomorrow. I returned home broken hearted with tears in my eyes.

               Suddenly I had a revelation, I have a two wheeler cart in the shed that converts to a four wheel cart and possibly I can place all the junk on this cart saving the Ford Homestead money.

               The cart from the shed worked as expected. Now I can easily move all the junk from in front of the tool chest in one easy step. That shows you that my mind is superior when faced with a problem.

 

The Donald is a problem solver!

 

Don Ford

No comments: