Translate

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

One of a kind 11.28.17

You are correct!     I am, “one of a kind!     Thank you for believing that I am, “one of a kind”!
                Being, “one of a kind”, is a very pleasant feeling, and a very true statement, when referring to me! All that said, the title line has nothing to do with me being, “One of a kind”! It has to do with an object that I have a photo of, and this object is truly, “One of a kind”. 
                Yesterday, I took a short walk through the back 40 looking for dog poo. I have a, “Dog poo picker upper”. With the poo picker upper in hand, I strolled through the open areas and then in between the trees, ever vigilant for a pile of dog droppings (aka Poo).
                During these missions, I also see items that Tres has removed from flower beds and or brought up from the back of the property. It does not matter what these items are made of, he will carry anything such as rocks and sticks, to flower pots.
                Tres has become a creator of items that I find in the yard. I have brought several of these to the Ford’s old garage for enhancement. Yesterday, I found one of these items and I have begun to do the finish work. Tres had brought this small piece of tree limb from the wood pile near the back of the property. He then removed the bark from the small piece of a tree limb (chewed the bark off).
                Tres creates these one of a kind items so humans can have them for their desks. I have drilled a hole in the small limb and when it is finished (a clear sealer applied) it can be use to secure a writing instrument in place on one’s desk.
                I have created a couple of these without the help of Tres, and they are nice, but not as nice as those the Tres creates. The following photo is of a soon to be, one of a kind, desk top pen or pencil holder.

                The lighting could have been much better, as the photo was taken on a cloudy afternoon. We will provide another photo when the item is completed. Photos of the other desk top ornaments can be seen on our website.

Bids will be accepted on our website!

Don Ford

No comments: