Translate

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Cold front passes 11.19.16

            As I was communicating with a neighbor, yes, some of them do talk with me, I noticed an interesting cloud formation so I took a photo. This photo was created just after the cold front went through our area, it is the backside of the wall of clouds. It was supposed to bring scattered rain but we saw none.
            When I returned to the Ford Homestead I learned that I had vertigo. If you haven’t experienced this medical problem, you are lucky. I did go to the doctor and he explained that the rocks in my head were causing the problem. I don’t need any comments from you about the rocks in my head, everyone has them.
            Evidently, these rocks send signals to your brain, which helps keep you in balance. When the rocks don’t work as they should, one may feel dizzy, out of balance or even have an upset stomach when the position of their head changes. So when you are experiencing vertigo, you do not want to move your head very much.
            One of the worst parts of this vertigo occurred when I wanted to take a nap. I had to keep my head more or less upright, and that doesn’t encourage nap time. Then I had to consider going to bed that night but not being able to roll over on my side, I am not a back sleeper.
            I learned that vertigo may occur at any age, but more to people in their 60s than other ages.       
            I am feeling better today, “This too shall pass!”
It is supposed to be down to 30 degrees tonight, which would be our first freeze of the season.

Have a good weekend!

Don Ford
               
               

No comments: