Translate

Friday, November 18, 2016

Workers Compensation 11.18.16

            For that one individual who has never worked, workers compensation is a way to compensate employees who are hurt while working, and miss work due to the reported injury. Why should I bring this subject up in today’s posting, I will be happy to explain?
            Our grounds Manager, here at the Ford Homestead has stated that he was injured while working. He states, “I was lifting and carrying those heavy potted plants, and while doing so, I had to twist my body as I entered the outhouse with each heavy plant in hand. The twisting was necessary in order to place each plant properly on the temporary shelf. I felt a pain in my lower left side.”
            We have reviewed his statement and properly recorded it. My advice to him was, “Take two aspirin and you will be better tomorrow”. Can you believe, after all we have done for him that he would try to file a Workers Comp. Claim against the Ford Homestead?
            That was yesterday, today he is still complaining about being sore and feeling as if he strained something. I think he is faking it, or he is a wimp!

We will keep you informed!

May your staff work safely!

Don Ford

No comments: