Translate

Monday, November 28, 2016

We made it 11.28.16

            As the title states, we made it through the Thanksgiving holiday without any bad incidents. My present spouse cooked way too much food and we all enjoyed it. Family and friends were here and we all had a good time. Left overs were and are good!
            My first wife has placed many of our decorations in the yard several days ago, and is hoping to be able to finish the job by connecting all the wires today, (Saturday the 26th). One little problem has dropped in, it is raining! (Did you notice the use of dropped in, when referring to the rain, you know, rain drops? Why do I even try to make these stories interesting with cute comments?)
            We thought Saturday was going to be rain free, but the prognosticators were wrong. It hasn’t been raining hard so we were able to get some work completed after lunch. We had to decide where to have lunch, and how many aluminum cans will my present spouse need to pick up, in order to pay for the food.
            Let’s change the subject from the lack of funding at the Ford Homestead, to another favorite subject of mine. Let us talk about the so called service that others are supposed to provide.
            In a recent posting I described an unsafe situation cause by a delivery service. Without naming the delivery company, I will say that they have a fleet of brown delivery trucks.
            Recently, I was enjoying a cup of coffee on the front porch here at the Ford Homestead. It was raining lightly, (seems as if the topic of the day may be rain) as I observed the delivery guy driving the golf cart pulling a trailer, neither of which were street legal. I know these delivery people do occasionally toss packages around, but this was the first time I have observed them driving around pulling an open and uncovered trailer in the rain.
            If you get a package that is wet, it may have happened while riding in the rain on an open trailer.
            This same driver drove close to the curb again, on the wrong side of the street, and he gave a hand signal that he was turning left from the left side of the street. That’s just dumb!
            Well, the rain stopped so my present spouse was able to get most the wires connected and after dark the lights came on. We will need to do some timer adjustments, trying to get the on and off times within a minute of each group (there are four groups of lights).
            Sunday: after our brunch and my nap I proceeded out of the house to help my first wife who was finishing up the outside decorations. We adjusted the timers to come on and go off at the same time. We were outside at 5:30 pm and the lights all came on with in about 30 seconds. We were successful!
            Now my spouse of 47 years will begin the process of decorating the inside of the Ford Homestead.
            That is all for now, I need to get ready to go to the dentists, he is going to replace a filling.

Have a nice safe week!

Don Ford

No comments: