Translate

Thursday, November 17, 2016

It's here 11.17.16


            “It’s here”, refers to the moving of many flowers in heavy flower pots to the newly established green house. Our grounds manager asked to be on vacation this week but it was denied by our Chief Operating Officer (Donna).
            There are two reasons for moving the flowers to the green house and they are, (1) to protect them from the eventual coming of cold weather, (2) to get them out of the front yard before my spouse of 47 years forces me to help her begin installing the Christmas decorations”. I think she should work with, “The Ford Homestead Grounds Manager”, and let me rest but…
            Over many years I have noticed that my first wife has a tendency to pick the coldest and often most windy day to install these decorations. She has picked next week to do this set up, and the weather prognosticators are calling for a cold front of enormous proportions. That means I will be freezing my *^# off.
            Why do we have a grounds manager, if he can’t do the decorations?
            I digress: Back to the movement of flower pots.
            The grounds manager did a walk through with my present wife and she pointed out the flower pots that could stay and those that needed to be moved. I must say, the grounds manager worked many hours moving the heavy flower pots and the outhouse, it is full. (I like the name outhouse as a title better than green house).
            As you may be able to see, he has installed a temporary shelf allowing for additional potted plants to be placed inside the outhouse. These two photos show our Grounds Managers efforts at the outhouse.
 
       Maybe they call it a greenhouse due to the fact that one can see green through the clear or almost clear walls.
       Looking through the door inside the outhouse (below), we see many plants that have been stacked and packed. There is still a little room allowing the grounds manager to go inside and occasionally water the plants.
 
            The grounds manager went to town and bought the needed supplies to build two additional saw horses. He has assembled the new saw horses and placed them inside the outhouse, on which he placed a couple boards as a temporary shelf allowing the installation of additional flowers.

            I must admit, the grounds manager has done an excellent job!

Ready for the colder weather!

Don Ford

No comments: