Translate

Thursday, November 3, 2016

It is Raining 11.03.16

            Today is Thursday, November 3, 2016 and it is kinda raining. Yep, a cold front came through and it is allowing some light rain to fall on the Ford Homestead.
            As I sit here on the front porch, an hour before sun rise, I have been watching the neighbors go to work. There are at least 3 retired people in our block that leave almost every morning to go to their place of employment. Another neighbor will be retiring this week, not sure his wife is ready for him to be home all the time!
            There are rain drops falling from the trees onto the grass, and I am sitting here enjoying the sounds. It isn’t a hard rain, but it is rain! I have a cup of coffee in hand (small amounts going into my mouth occasionally) and it is an hour before sunrise. No I didn't walk today due to the rain, but I might walk a little later after the sun gets up, if it stops raining.

            On a different subject, a friend and I was talking when the subject of Blog posting came up and he commented on the blog dashboard. I noted that the word dashboard to me, refers to a car, not a work area on the computer and I did not like or accept the use of dashboard when referring to a computer program.
            With that thought in mind, I have accepted the term, “Mouse”, which use to have only one meaning. Heck, my cats have never lived during a time when there was only one type of mouse.     
            There is a commercial where the male voice explains that, “hiring employees is the worst part of his job, but using a certain program on his computer, it brings hundreds of applicants to his dashboard making it easy to hire employees”. I still do not like the term dashboard, and I believe the worst part of a job is, firing a person.  
 
            Ok, the rain has stopped, so I had better go for my walk before it starts again.

May your dash board be in a 57 Chevy!


Don Ford           

No comments: