Translate

Monday, September 21, 2015

New Technology 09.21.15

 
                As I was rummaging through some junk misc. items, yesterday I found something special.  It is a storage and replay device that I had procured many years ago. At the time it seemed to be something new and fun, today it appears to be something old and useless. Possibly it is now an antique? Maybe it is the only one left and I will get a million dollars for it.
                Now that I know it is worth so much money I may not want to show it to you.
                I have a computer that I want to put windows 10 on but there isn’t enough room in the C: drive. I have been doing everything I can think of to make more room but…
                In fact there is room on the drive but not in the C: portion. I, in an effort to extend the volume of C: drive, have shrunk the D: drive, then I deleted the D: drive, and I am still not able to extend the C: drive.
                I haven’t gave up totally although I have given up several times and walked away from the computer.
At one point I thought it might be fun to take the lap top out to the drive way and lay it in front of my pickup tire the see what happens as I drive away. I am holding that thought as an option for a later time.
 The photo (to the left) is of the device I found while rummaging through some special inventory here at the Ford Homestead.
                I charged the battery and there are 88 photos on the device. I was unable to access the unit via USB port, so I don’t know if it is at capacity or not.  The screen measured on the diagonal is 1.5 inches. That is very small. I assume at one time it may have been high tech but no longer.
                The young lady in the photo is our granddaughter Gabi a few years ago.
 
I hope your hard drive is divided properly and has plenty of room!
 
Don Ford
             

No comments: