Translate

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Follow-up 09.06.15

 
            It is the holiday weekend, and as you may know, holidays are so important to people who are retired. I think my spouse is planning to cook a brisket for the Monday meal.
            As you may know, my first wife had suggested that I add more walls to the oldest rooms of the new expansion at the Ford Homestead. My present wife thought it would enhance the project and possibly make the grand kids happier. My spouse of 46 years encouraged me to do the work to increase the value of the property. In other words, I was to spend additional money on the expansion!
The following photos show, the almost art like work, that this wood butcher (me) has done, for the completion of the project. I guess one who creates such a magnificent structure could be considered, “an artist”. 
    The photo below on the left was taken prior to the walls being installed.
                    
    The photo on the right taken from the same location, shows the addition of walls.
    Below, you see the tile floor that has been installed at ground level.
            I noted to my spouse of 46 years, this project was more for me than the grand kids. It gave me something to do and I did need to use my brain a couple times during the construction. During most of the year the grand kids are in school and not at our home. That may not be a problem since the neighbor’s cat can be found sleeping in it, often on the second floor.
I offered a suggested to my spouse that I should install a solar panel, she suggested a roof over part of the structure. I replied, “That could possibly be a later project”. 
 
From the Ford Homestead, Have a safe holiday!
 
Don Ford
 
            This is a continuation (an additional chapter) from the article of August 7th, 2015

No comments: