Translate

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

How hot was it? 090215

                Yesterday did seem like a very hot day as I worked out in the yard. The temperature was only at 97 but it seemed hotter to me.
                I had finished my work and had put the tools away before the grand kids arrived at our house after school.
                My spouse of 46 years picks the grand kids up after school most days. She has observed on occasion, while waiting on the grand kids to get out of school, that there are kids who are required to walk around a circular pathway while other kids are playing. Alex has explained that those kids have gotten in trouble and that was their punishment. 
                Yesterday my first wife noted that it was hot and there was a kid walking in the sun. Alex then noted, “I am so hot, that the water is dripping off me, like a snowman melting in the sun”.  Now where do 5 year old kids, come up with comments like that.
 
                What? You want to know what I was working on yesterday. That is what you got from that story? Wow!
                Ok for the one person who needs to know everything I do, my present wife had talked me into putting some walls around the kids old fort, so it would blend in with the new addition.
I had gone to the Home Depot and purchased the needed wood and a rope. My work in the yard was cutting the boards into the proper lengths. I will need to paint all the wood before installing, as it is much easier to paint standing on the ground as compared to kneeling inside a kids play station.
Rope? What? Oh, the rope was the grand kid’s mother’s idea, she thought it might keep them from falling out of the so called tree house, when they were climbing on the 8 foot tall stump. I put the rope up and the kids love it. They were hanging on it like a monkey on a vine. I have the feeling that, although the rope could keep them from falling, it may encourage them to hang over the side and that should elevate the chance of a fall. 
FYI, I have trimmed around the yard with the string trimmer and I mowed the ditch behind the house. I have also taken a shower and I have written this short note. I now plan to warm up leftovers from supper, for my lunch. I also plan to watch the ladies on Fox News and then take a nap.  If that one person needs to know anything else about my day, just call (your number is blocked).
 
No one asked, but I will be doing the rain dance again this week!
 
Don Ford
 
 

No comments: