Translate

Friday, September 25, 2015

It Rained, Fire? 09.25.15

                I was taking a break from my punishing work load. There was a sound, it caused me to think about running water. I decided I should check and see if there was a faucet left on or, possibly a toilet had not shut off.
I sprang from my recliner somewhat like a super person, and that is when I became aware that I am a senior citizen with muscles that need to have a slow and easy start up. Also, at the same time, I became extremely aware of another sound coming from outside my front door.
It was raining, you know water falling from the sky! 
We received ¼ inch of rain in a short time. I was so happy that I went out to the front porch and watched it rain. When it stopped raining, I went out to check the rain gage and that is when I found that I had failed, failed to activate the buttons that would have closed the windows on my pickup. Yes the seats and door panels were all wet.
 
A different subject but not too different. I can only assume that you have heard about the brush fires that have plagued the left coast states. The fires have destroyed many miles of wood land as well as many homes. Although these fires have occurred periodically, throughout time, the main difference now is that many of the areas are being inhabited by humans and the natural and should I say necessary fires of the past are often suppressed. 
Not allowing the occasional fire to burn through the underbrush in these wood lands, has added to the violent nature of fires when they do get started. You may ask, why I am giving you this information. Good question, even though I had to ask it! 
Recently, here in Hewitt, TX at The Ford Homestead we had fire raining from the sky. My spouse and I were sitting outside when we were surprised by this fire. Speaking of the sky, there will be a lunar eclipse and a Blood Moon the night of the 27th. I don’t have the times and I don’t know where it will be visible, you can check the internet. 
In the photo below, you can see the fire in the sky as it came over our Homestead.
                Yes, I took this photo, ignoring the enormous threat to my personal safety. Our homestead and the trees were spared, all is still good here for the Fords.
 
                No we haven’t had Donnas van repaired yet. I have called the other guys insurance company and after 4 calls they finally returned my call.
Imagine if you will, they told me they can’t contact the fellow to get his version of what happened, and without his input they would deny the claim. They suggested that I might want to use my insurance which I guess I will have to do.
I used the police report to get his address which was supposed to be taken from his driver’s license by the officer. I used my maps on the computer to see exactly where he lives. Big surprise, there is no such address. I have the feeling that this young man who seemed so nice to Donna and me after the wreck, is possibly a conman. It is my opinion that he probably paid for one month of insurance so he could get the car licensed and no longer has insurance.
Even though this is upsetting to both my present wife and I, we both understand,
 
“If this is the worst thing that ever happens to us, it’s not too bad”. 
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: