Translate

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Feeling Good...

            This morning I jumped out of bed bright eyed and bushy tailed (truthfully, I drug myself out of bed and moped into the kitchen to make coffee).

               This morning I had a dentist’s appointment, I had to clean up and get dressed in nicer clothing, no faded blue jeans and a T shirt. 
After a couple cups of coffee I was ready to take Gabi to school. Tejas always rides in the passenger seat and Alex rides in his car seat. The drop off went as expected except there was a lot more people dropping students off at school.  Today is picture day; I assume that is why they were bringing the kids to school and not having them ride the school bus.
I dropped Alex and Tejas off at home and drove over to the dentist’s office. The young lady that cleaned my teeth was a pleasant person and we talked a lot. I was feeling very good. which is unusual when visiting the dentists. I no longer have dental insurance so I had to pay the entire bill.
As I was leaving there was a fellow sitting in the waiting room who asked if I use to work at Do it Best Corp. I learned that he works at DIB part time and also at UPS. I sat down and we talked until the dental hygienists came out and ran me off. It was time for the other fellow’s appointment.
I got into the truck to head for home. I decided to get a cup of coffee since my teeth were clean. As I drove to Star Bucks I noticed I was in very good spirits, for some reason I was more happy than usual.
Arriving at the coffee shop I decided to also have an oatmeal raisin cookie. I went through the drive through and I noticed that everyone inside Star Bucks seemed to be happy. Was it them or just me?
Driving toward home I was enjoying the coffee and the oatmeal raisin cookie. I was still in a good mood. I arrived at home and was welcomed but Alex and Tejas. Donna came outside and I offered her a bite of my cookie. You should know that Alex doesn’t like raisins; but he liked the oatmeal raisin cookie.
I explained to Donna that I was in a very good mood and I believe I knew why. When I got up, got dressed and left the house it was similar to going to work.  Going to work was a pleasant situation for me.  Today I have talked with people about various subjects, also similar to work. 
I know that you think I am always in an upbeat mood, but the truth is, “I am not”.
Maybe I will attempt to find a job.
 
On a different subject, today is David and Claire’s wedding anniversary. They have been married 9 years! 
 
As a side note, I stopped using tobacco the weekend they were married.
 
        From the jobless and nicotine free mind of             Don Ford              
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 
 
*                 *                 *                 *                 *                 *                 *                 *                  
Know when there is a new posting?   
I send an email to some readers informing them of new postings.
If you are not on the mailing list but would like to be, send your email address to donaldfplace-post@yahoo.com    I will add you to the mailing. 
If a friend wants to be on the list, ask them to email me at donaldfplace-post@yahoo.com
Please do not send a friends email address for them.
                    I will be happy to add or delete your name from the list;
Send an email to, donaldfplace-post@yahoo.com                    
                    Subject “add my name”          
or,
Subject “remove my name”
Seriously, I don’t want to bother anyone with my blog or emails. It will not bother me to remove your name from the mailing list.         http://first-consider-this.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments: