Translate

Monday, October 29, 2012

Gecko a lizard, not insurance

Tejas and I were having a coke on the front lawn while discussing today’s children; mostly we were talking about Alex.
            Tejas had just finished his drink and was listing to the words of wisdom that were coming from me to him. One of the reasons he is so intelligent is the fact that he hangs around me and I
am willing to share the massive amount of knowledge that I have acquired over the years.
            One of Tejas’ favorite chew toys is a plastic bottle. I believe he enjoys the crunching sound it makes as he bites it.  He likes to think it is the bones of a bad person that he is crushing. He also likes the cap to be left on the bottle and he will bite the cap until it comes off.
            In the photo below we see that Alex has managed to collect a gecko. I have noticed that Alex isn’t afraid of any of the critters that live around our house.  I hope he doesn’t find a grass snake (they live in the jasmine vines in the front of the house) as I do not like snakes. 
Below is a close up of the gecko. He was almost transparent.
Changing the subject; I was practicing the art of “Wood Butchering” Saturday. A friend had asked if I would cut a low hanging limb that hang out over their drive way. I was able to remove that limb and some other limbs which would rub the tops of pickups and SUVs when they drove onto the driveway. 
            While I was there we decided to remove some other low hanging limbs from a large pecan tree. These limbs were over the sidewalk and hang down in the yard to the point of hitting you in the head as you walked through. We made a good team, I did the cutting and they pulled the limbs to the curb.
            Donna, my spouse of 43 years, came over and she was gathering pecans from the limbs that were being cut1.
            After the work was completed we went to Casa Ole’ for a late lunch. The food was good and the company was outstanding.
 
From the Sawyer2 mind of     Don Ford
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
1. Yes Donna had the owner’s permission.
2. Sawyer is a term meaning a person who cuts wood.
                                                                                                                                                                                                            
 
 
                                                                                                                  
                  
 

No comments: