Translate

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Agreement between me and Tejas

            As you possibly know, Tejas is my constant companion and amigo.

               Today I was looking for pecans under our little tree and I found 3. One of the three had been chewed on by a squirrel but he had not penetrated the shell. 
I had a discussion with Tejas asking how he thought this had happened. He thought the attack on this defenseless pecan may have been executed possibly by a rancorous squirrel. He went on to surmise, this attack probably occurred just after sun rise.  That would be the time when no one is outside and a squirrel would go unnoticed.
Tejas has volunteered to go outside early morning the watch the tree instead of lying on the comfortable warm carpeted floor inside the house.  He knows I am typing about him that is why he is looking at us over his shoulder.
I just noticed; Tejas is just a littleleftof Center. Is it possible that he is a Liberal?
               Changing the subject slightly I would like to speak of a study that I have recently completed here at “The Fords of Hewitt Homestead and Nature Studies Observatory”.
I have been very interested this year in protecting the pecans on our little tree which has lead me to do an in depth study of the “Pecan Tree”. To summarize my exhausting studies I would point out; the Pecan tree tries to protect its Pecans by having them grow at the very end of each branch. These branches are very small making it more difficult for the squirrels to attain the forbidden nut.
FYI: did you know the pecan tree is a tall hickory tree, of the southern U.S. and Mexico?
 
Changing strides, (that means I am changing the subject) Yesterday I was taking the kids swimming pool down and I noticed that some of the flowers and other plants were flourishing after the recent rain.
The grass and flowers are growing and blooming. I will now need to mow the yard which means work for this retired senior, “Naturalized Citizen of Texas”. (Look it up if you don’t know what naturalized means). 
Yes even the Peppers are growing like weeds. You can see two peppers on the plant but there are many more. I don’t know what kind of pepper this is; I just water and pick them.
Yesterday was cool with the high temp of about 84 degrees. It was a breezy day and the flags were flying in the breeze all day long.
If we do not get the “right president, I will be flying the American flag upside down showing that we are in distress.
          Yes the word “right has a political connotation.
 
From the wind-blown nutty mind of                          Don Ford
 
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 
                                                                                                                  
                  
 

No comments: