Translate

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Would you believe 02.15.17

                It rained yesterday and we received almost 2 inches of needed precipitation. I could hear the yard saying thank you to the sky as the precipitation fell. No, that is not a believe it or not, that is the truth!
                Yesterday, after the rain stopped, I ventured out to the Ford’s green house to close the door, as it was going to get chilly during the night. Before that one person asks, I did not go out while it was raining because, “sugar will melt in the rain”, and no I do not float!
                While I was venturing through the back 40 I looked at the hole in the ground that was left from my removal of the fence post. This first photo has been posted earlier.
 
                The post has a blue ribbon on it in an effort to be sure our grounds keeper, who seems to be gone more than here, would remove the correct post. The following photo shows the hole which was fill to the top with water yesterday. 
 
                Now in this photo the water has receded somewhat. Would you believe the hole is almost 3 foot deep and also would you believe the post that has cement on the bottom weighs almost 200 pounds? I was able to remove that oversized post alone, as our grounds manager was on vacation again.
                It seems as if we can’t get good help anymore!
                Now I must attempt to dig up the cactus and transplant it into that hole. It seems as if the work never ends here at the Ford Homestead. If you are interested in applying for the grounds managers job, send your resume to my web site, and our team will consider. 

Work not, lest ye get tired!
                                No it isn’t from the bible, I just made it up!
Don Ford  

No comments: