Translate

Friday, February 3, 2017

Another ride 02.03.17

                On Wednesday of this week, I and seven other bikers went riding. In truth, this group are all bikers but not the gang type biker. These bikers have all been business men and have led good lives. I doubt that more than half of them had any type of weapon on their bike. JKL
                When I left the house the temp was 55 degrees and foggy. I had to keep a cloth on the seat with me to wipe the fog off the windshield as I rode. That is not only hard to do, it is distracted driving. They should put a windshield wiper on these Gold Wings.
                We all met at a Velcro quick shop and gas station. Yes, I know Velcro is not the real name, but I don’t want to advertise for them.  At 9:00 am sharp we began the ride with the lunch time destination at Glen Rose, TX. There is a well-known BBQ place in that town, and we were to have lunch there. The temp was 59 degrees at 9:00 am, when we started this ride. When the fog lifted, it turned out to be a sunny day. The ride was enjoyable as we progressed toward the lunch destination.
                Lunch was good and the conversation was lively. I did notice that most of these bikers checked their phones when we stopped. All eight of our meals were listed on one tab, and when it became time to pay we walked up to the counter and told the lady what we had. She would then mark us off the bill and take our money. This is where things got interesting.
                I along with one other biker ordered a small lunch plate. The only difference between the small and large lunch plate was the amount of meat. Large got 16 oz. while small got 11 oz., large cost $2.00 more than small.
                When I walked up to the register to pay instead of saying I had a small lunch plate, I said I had a lunch plate and a tea. It cost $12.32 but it should have been $2.00 less. I don’t think she marked a small plate off the bill, I now assume she was thinking I was not with that group. You know, I being handsome and clean cut, I just don’t fit the biker profile!
                As we assembled outside the establishment, the last person out said the cashier said someone did not pay. We all knew we had paid, and as far as we were concerned, that was the end of it.
                Everyone mounted their bikes in preparation for the rest of the ride. I needed to return home so I left the group and took a direct route back to Hewitt, TX. As I rode I thought about the comment, one of our group did not pay. At some point it became clear to me that I had been over charged for my meal and since she charged me for a large lunch plate, that is why she didn’t mark off the small lunch plate. I wish I had thought of that before I started for home, I would have gone back inside and explained along with getting my $2.00 back!
                Below is a photo that has nothing to do with this posting. I thought you might need or at least want to see something from a warmer time. Click to enlarge and you might be able to smell the flower.
 
                The ride home was uneventful except for one, “North end of a south bound horse”, who passed me and quickly pulled in front of me.
                The temp was mid 70s and a blue sky, it could not have been much better. The mileage added to the bike was 193. 
Be attentive when you pay, you may save $2.00!
Don Ford

No comments: