Translate

Friday, February 17, 2017

Am I exceptional 02.17.17

                We all know the answer to that question, yes, I am exceptional! I know many of you have thought that I must be exceptional for several years now.
                What has brought this thought to the forefront, it was a comment by a technician on Wednesday of this week. I have an eye doctor’s appointment for today (Friday) and they called to ask if I could come in on Wednesday for the technician’s part of the exam, as she would be off on Friday. Being the cooperative person that I am, I agreed.
                My Wednesday appointment was for 9:00am, and I was seen at 9:25am. It is a good thing I found someone to talk to in the waiting room. Before you ask, no I did not get a discount for the extended waiting period!
                The technician took me into the room and began to explain the process to which I replied, “I have been through this process several times”. She was happy that we both knew what was going to happen.
                This is a test where the patient (me) puts their chin and forehead against a machine and stare at a green dot with one eye. Then the machine will flash very dim little lights at various locations, and each time you see a flash you push a button.
                When we completed the test, the technician was surprised at the time it took. It took about 10 minutes for both eyes and she said they allow 40 minutes for this process. That makes me exceptional!
                As all of you have known, I am exceptional and have been for years!

Accept the exceptional!
                  J
Don Ford   

No comments: