Translate

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

With a tear in her eye 12.28.16

            This is a true story and it isn’t about me!
            This saga took place at the Ford’s Homestead on Tuesday afternoon, Dec. 27th. Two of my wife’s friends had come to visit. I not being a nosy person, decided it would be better if I adjourned to the Ford’s rocker located near the garage door on the south driveway.
            I had gotten comfortable in the old rocker as I observed a few neighbors coming and goings. The young lady that lives about a block up the street, came walking down the street with her three girls, all under the age of 3 years old. One of these girls is only a month old. Yes she had a stroller that seated the two youngest and the oldest was being carried by momma. This quartet of females turned the corner and gave me a greeting wave, well two of them waved.
            Everything quiet again, I returned to my daydreaming.
            As I enjoyed the relaxing warmth of the sun on my back, I noticed an SUV driving slowly down the street. Now I have seen this SUV many times and I am aware that it belonged somewhere in our neighborhood, but not sure of exactly which house it went to.
            The SUV driving slower did not turn the corner as usual, instead it seemed to be heading toward our side of the street. The driver side window was down and I could see a female person at the steering wheel. Naturally I had to assume that she was slowing to get a better look at this, “hansom senior citizen reposing in his rocker”!
            The SUV came closer to our side of the street and stopped at our driveway. I have seen this happen many times in the past. This female subject isn’t wanting to observe a hansom senior citizen reposing in his rocker, she is probably looking for her little dog. She will ask if I have seen a small fuzzy puppy, light brown in color with a blue ribbon in its hair over the left ear. This missing puppy would respond to the name of Princess Honey.
            I, being a gentleman usually get up from the comfort of the old rocker, and stroll out to the vehicle so the driver doesn’t need to shout. As I started to get up the door of the SUV opened and out stepped the female. She was smiling and walked quickly toward me.
            She began to explain that she and her husband have been living up the street for the past two months, and today they were packing getting ready to return home to Georgia.
            She went on to say. “Every time we come around the corner and see your Christmas lights and decorations, I get a very good feeling.” She then said, “Your decorations have been a blessing to me”, she actually had a tear in her eye and her voice cracked as she tried to explain, “I received such a warm feeling every evening as we passed your house”. She said, “I told my husband that I knew you were sitting outside and I was going to thank you for the warm and pleasant decorations that helped make my Christmas season happier!
            I thanked her for her comments and she returned to her SUV and drove away with a smile on her face. 
            I relayed this story to my present spouse and noted that her decorations had been a blessing! We never know when something we do or say, might be a blessing to someone!

Thank You, your reading my postings is a blessing to me!

Don Ford                                          

No comments: