Translate

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Distracted driving 12.14.16


            We have all heard stories about people doing odd things while driving. I once heard of a female subject who was able to put on pantie hose while driving. That seems to me to be distracted driving.
            This morning I was in the process of driving home from the local Whataburger, after collecting a couple morning breakfast sandwiches for my first spouse and me. I was in the process of turning from Hewitt Drive onto Laredo St. when I observed, a young looking female subject, driving a full size pickup. She was slowing as she approached the stop sign which made it possible for me to observe her actions. The female subject was putting this black stuff on her eye lashes that is supposed to make the eye lashes look thicker and longer (wife number one said it is call mascara). 
            A female applying makeup while driving, was she looking at herself in the mirror or was she watching the vehicle in front of her, as they both approached the stop sign.
            Later I went to the post office and as I was leaving the post office I observed a male subject, in a small pickup, who had his cell phone in hand and against his ear. He had slowed considerably attempting to make the turn from Hewitt Drive. He was trying to turn with one hand on the steering wheel and he came very close to the vehicle in front of me. He could not stop talking long enough to make a safe turn. And since he was going onto the post office parking lot why didn’t he just say wait a minute, let me park and we can safely talk?

If everyone was as perfect as me…

Don Ford


If you want to stop receiving emails about these posting send me a note, I don't want to be a bother. If you know someone that would want to receive them, have them send me a note and I will add them to the mail list.

            Thank You!

No comments: