Translate

Sunday, June 26, 2016

New tires 06.27.16

            When you own a motorcycle you must maintain it and that includes things like new tires. I checked at the cycle shop and a new back tire was $249.99. That seems a little high to me so I passed. For some unknown reason I received an email from a company called Wing Stuff. They had two tires (front and back) on sale for $299.99 with free shipping. That deal is already better than the bike shop. There was an additional incentive and it was a $50.00 mail in rebate, which made the total cost for two tires $249.99.
            I ordered the tires, they arrived in three days. I have always been told to get the new tires on the bike as soon as possible, and go for a ride. That is exactly what I did, see the two tires, one on the seat and one on top the other tire and it is also on the rack on the trunk. I strapped the tires on the bike and whet for a nice long ride, but I did not notice any difference in the ride. I did get some strange looks from people I saw along the way.
 
            I thought new tires would make the ride much better, possibly smoother, but I couldn’t feel any difference in the ride. It isn’t as comfortable riding with the new tires strapped to the back seat and I can’t take my present spouse with me, when those new tires are on the seat.
            Why have new tires if they don’t improve the ride!
Different story, same world!       
            It was a lovely Sunday afternoon, ok it was hot and steamy on this Sunday afternoon, as I headed out to the shed behind the Ford Homestead. I needed to retrieve a couple items from the shed as I had a small project I was working on. I entered the shed and was in the shed for no more than a minute when I began to hear a buzzing sound. It kind of sounded like bees but I assumed it was a machine of some type making the sound.
Having procured the items I needed, I stepped out of the shed and then quickly learned what was making the buzzing sound. There were thousands of bees flying around the neighbor’s tree. I stood there looking at these bees thinking this could be a bad thing.
I walked to the house and retrieved my camera with the telephoto lens. This took all of maybe three or four minutes and I returned to the scene of the infestation. The bees were no longer flying around the tree, hey had instead found a limb and were now occupying it. A couple photos to follow.
 

 
They are high up in the tree, you may be able to click on the photos for a better view. Maybe they will go away tomorrow.
            I have reconditioned an old stool so both grand kids will have a place to sit when at my desk in the computer room. In the photo below the stool is on an old box, I did not want to paint my grass red, so I put the stool on a box and painted.
 



I am good with a spray paint can!

Don Ford

No comments: