Translate

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Become a swinger 06.28.16

            Have you ever wanted to be a swinger? Being a swinger could be fun, but as we all know has some risks involved, due to the nature of swinging with others that we, do not know. 
            I would like to stray from the subject just for a few sentences if I may. I would like to tell you about being invisible. There was a presentation on the TV the other day about a cloak of invisibility which kind of worked. I have now learned, like many things, invisibility is in the eye of the beholder.
            This tale, is completely factual and that means it is one of the few true tales that has, or will, come from this author.
            My spouse of 47 years and I had brunch at the Cracker barrel and as usual, I was banished to the Ford’s Chevy while my spouse shopped. Finally after what seemed to be many hours of waiting, my first wife came out of the store carrying a package with many lovely items in it, none were for me.
My present wife stopped about 15 feet from the Ford’s Chevy and looked around the parking area. I sat there in the vehicle looking at her as she seemed to look right through me and the pickup. At first I thought it was odd that she would not see a white Chevy pickup with a nice looking gentlemen sitting in the driver’s seat, then I realized that I, along with the pickup, were totally invisible.
I do not know how it happened but I and the vehicle could not be seen. As I sit there marveling at this miracle, my first wife looked around the parking area again, and still did not see the white pick up or the hansom driver.
Finally, I, along with the pickup became visible to mortals again, and my first spouse saw me and the pickup. She came to the truck and got in. I asked, why did you stand there looking around when I and my truck were right in front of you? Her response was, “the truck looked too big so I thought it wasn’t our truck”. Can you believe my first spouse would think of my truck as small!
Let’s see now, what was this tale supposed to be about?  I remember now, “Being a swinger”. As we all know, I am always working on something which is my way of keeping my thought process (brain) working properly. I have a few photos that will show the immense amount of work that I have put into this project and I am still not done.
First we have a front tire from my gold wing with a hole drilled into it. This hole is to be a drain, to let water out of the tire.
 
            I then decided to make another hole in the opposite side of the tire and insert a rope into the hole.
 
I was going to tie a knot in the rope and then decided for safety reasons, I would add a PVC, Tee fitting, which will keep the rope from exiting the hole, making it safer for the swinger, assuming someone will want to swing on it. 
 
I need to get a ladder out of the shed and climb up to a limb, where I can secure the rope, allowing it to be accessible to the grand kids. I never had a tire swing as a kid but my neighbor did.

There are various types of swingers!

Finished  
 
Don Ford


No comments: