Translate

Monday, June 13, 2016

Fruit of the vine 06.13.16


            I have partially recovered from the devastation of, “The Most Recent Leak”.
One should remember this is the second leak that has occurred at the Ford Homestead recently, both costing a lot of money that we have so little of. If for some reason you are unaware of the leaks I refer too, that would indicate that you have not been, “Religiously reading my Blog postings”!
I should note, it seems as if many of you have stopped littering along the highways and bi-ways of Texas, making it very difficult for my present spouse to acquire her daily quota of aluminum cans.
Please toss those aluminum cans out of your vehicles as you drive, make it easier on my wife!
Today I want to present you with a photo, for some it will be amazing, while others will see it as less than interesting. 
Here at the Ford Homestead, we have, “Two beauties”, that almost look alike, but they are different.
There is the conjoined twins on the right, while on the left is just a single oddly formed fruit. To be sure I am correct in my presentation, you may notice that the conjoined twins have two umbilical cords, while the odd ball (on the left) has one.
We have had many great tasting tomatoes from the Garden spot, this year! We are unsure about these two, or three, whatever!

I would like to state that I was a gentlemen, and a Good Samaritan today, but that would not be totally true. Samaritans live in Samaria, I live in Hewitt!
To restate my thought, “I was a Gentlemen, and a Good Hewmairitan today”! Hewmairitan is similar to Samaritan, except it means one is a good person who lives in Hewitt!
As I was enduring enjoying my morning stroll, I picked up several pieces of debris from the street, and properly disposed of them. Why was this trash in the street? It may have been due to the almost 4 inches of rain we received last night. Yep, we had gone a whole week without rain, and then a refreshing thunderstorm pounded the central Texas area last evening.
As I was walking this morning I heard a noise of someone closing a trash container lid. It is a distinctive noise, so I looked in the general direction. There was a female subject, who appeared to be a senior person, possibly many years older than I, using a walker, standing at the trash cart. I walked on. On my return trip (just a minute later) the senior person had folded her walker and placed it on top of the trash cart. She was trying to push the trash cart to the street. I offered to help and she accepted my gentlemanly offer.
Good deed completed I proceeded on my morning stroll.
  
Enjoy the fruit of your labors!

Don Ford           

No comments: