Translate

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Sonny or Sunny 06.07.16


            They always called me sonny as a child but was it because I was their son or could it have been the fact the sun always followed me everywhere I went.
            What caused me to harken back to my childhood days? Possibly the two following photos might provide the solution. The two photos taken on separate days provides you with a good example of my statement that, “The sun always follows me, everywhere I go”.
  click for larger view.
Above, as I was preparing for an early morning ride with friends, one can see that the sun was attempting to provide me with early morning light, hopefully keeping me from feeling lonely. It was about 7:00am when this photo was taken while I gathered items for the ride. More about the ride later.
Below is a photo that was taken this morning as I was sitting on my recliner, attempting to enjoy a cup of coffee, as Charlie (not pictured) was on the top back of the recliner protecting me?
 
The sun is always there, no matter where I go.
In an effort to be totally transparent (political term meaning to see through, to expose, to have no secrets except for those they don’t what you to know about) no one ever called me sonny! Heck I was lucky if they called me for supper!
I will now tell you about the early morning ride to Hico Texas, a small town about one and a half hours from Waco. We went to Hico for breakfast were I had a cup of coffee that wasn’t that good, and an omelet with toast that was ok. During the lively conversation at the breakfast table the fellow setting across from me said, “You aren’t going to like this, but there is a roach on your shoulder”. 
            He was correct, I did not like that.
            In case you haven’t heard, it had rained in Texas for the last few days, maybe weeks. We started our ride back to the Waco area taking some back roads. The roads were curvy, hilly and provided an interesting ride.
At one point as we were entering a long gentle curve to the right, we became quickly aware that our side of the road was covered in standing water. All the riders were able to move to the opposite side of the road and safely ride around the curve, out of the water.
We observed several roads closed and detour signs on this ride. At one point we came to a bridge where there was a state vehicle with a fellow attempting to slow down and somewhat direct traffic at this bridge. The bridge was covered with water from 8 to 10 inches deep. All bikes crossed safely, one at a time riding in the center of the bridge. I ware leather boots when I ride and for some reason the right boot got wet while the left did not.
I arrived home about 12:30pm, almost 200 miles on the odometer. I rested for a few minutes then went outside and attacked the yard. 
The yard is mowed, noticed I did not say manicured, flowers watered, I took a well-deserved break.

May all your rides be safe and dry!
Don Ford

No comments: