Translate

Saturday, June 11, 2016

In the beginning was the word 06.11.16

            The entire statement, which sounds almost,Biblical” in origin, is as follows. “In the beginning was the word, and the word was, get your behind off the sofa and set up the kids swimming pool, or else!” That statement was made by ruling wife here at the Ford Homestead. 
            I don’t want to say that she was bossy, mean, demanding or any of hundreds of terms that might come to mind, I just want you to understand that my dearest spouse had instructed me, and I was obedient.  I have photos showing the entire process.
The site was prepared properly and in the same spot as in previous years.
 
Tarp laid, some water in the pool, wrinkles in bottom removed. This work was all done by a senior citizen (me) on my hands and knees!
 
Below, the pool is about half way full.
 
Below, the pool is filled, will I now be able to rest?
 
As I began to pick up the tools and prepared to put the cover on the pool, I noticed a little water on the ground near the pool. Being the inquisitive type, I decided to track the water to its source. The source was a small hole in a seam, with approx. two drops of water per second.
            I unhappily decided to call the manufacture for instructions. To make a short story long, I must drain the pool, cut a hole in the pool and take a photo of the hole.
Below pool being drained!
 
I am then instructed to send the photo of the hole along with a copy of the receipt to the manufacture, and they will, hopefully, send me a new pool.
I will then be allowed to work my old behind off, installing another pool and put another 3000 gallons of water in it. Oh, I will be responsible for getting rid of the old pool liner too!
I hope the new one don’t leak.

May your day be filled with happy thoughts!
Don Ford   

No comments: