Translate

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Erections 06.22.16

            Two erections in the last ten days, the first failed, the second seems to be holding.
            Yesterday I mowed the grass and it was 96 degrees with high humidity. I did get all the weeds wacked in the ditch behind the Ford Homestead a couple days ago.
My present spouse has informed me that she is going to allow me to go with her and shop for a new mattress. Our present mattress is kind of old and it isn’t comfortable. Have you seen the price of a mattress? They are selling these things at prices that are marked up from 5 to 15 times the cost, and we the public are dumb enough to pay their price.
            The average mattress cost the retailer from $127.00 to $243.00, then they have to add their markup, and we are expected to buy them. A mattress store does have overhead, and they are somewhat like a car dealer, they don’t sell 10 or 20 mattresses every day. So like car dealers, they need to have a big markup just to stay in business. We ordered a mattress but will not get it until next week (donations will be accepted, mark them as, “Rest for the Fords”.)
            As I was sitting here at the Ford’s desk attempting to provide you, the recipient, an article that would be worthy of your evaluation, Molly decided to, shall we say, “take charge of the desk”. As you will see in the photo below, Molly was tired and needed to rest.
 
            Anyway, I have gotten off the subject, I have now erected the kid’s pool but the kids are out of town! All that work and no one to say, “Nice job Papaw”! I guess that is kinda normal for the retired community, we work ourselves to death, and no one notices.  Poor me!
            Different subject, the last rain we had provided us with almost 4 inches in one night and now we are watering the flowers and garden on a regular basis. I have even noticed cracks in the ground out near the shed. That being said, all the lakes and rivers are still full of runoff water.
            Tuesday was the first full day of summer! The days are now getting shorter, can winter be far behind?             I am you are never satisfied.

Enjoy today, tomorrow may be different!

Don Ford

No comments: