Translate

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Three parts posting 10.01.13

               Good morning, I hope you are having a good day. I just finished playing, “chase the monster” with my grandson Alex. I never saw the monster but Alex could see him so we were all over the yard following the elusive monster.
 
               Part One;
               Someone asked, “how the eye surgery went and could I see better now”.
               The surgery went as expected, yes I can see better now. I had the one week checkup yesterday and the doctor said everything looked good. He also said I could now wash my hair when I shower, just keep my eyes closed. I did not explain that I have been doing that. I am still restricted from lifting more than 20 pounds and no mowing the lawn.
 
               Part Two;
            My spouse of 44 years now has a new vehicle. She decided on a “Dodge Grand Caravan”. I don’t know why they named it, “Grand”, other than the cost had many Grands in it. It is a light tan in color, has sliding doors on the side with lots of room in the back for things that my spouse purchases.
            I took Gabi to school in the new van and when we arrived at the drop off point I pushed the button to open the sliding door. The door would not open. Gabi pushed the other button to open the door but it would not open. We were holding up the traffic. The lady that was trying to open the door from the outside ask, “New vehicle”, to which I responded yes.
When all efforts to open the door had failed, I put the vehicle in park. I was going to get out and see if I could open the door. All of a sudden the door opened and Gabi exited.
            When I arrived at home I tested the hypothesis that, “the vehicle must be in park to open the sliding doors”. It is a safety feature; the doors will not open until the vehicle is in park.
            I asked the sales person why he had not explained that to me. His response was, I did not know.
The cost of the vehicle has caused us to start to actively look for “larger road kill”, when we are picking up the aluminum cans from the side of the road. Being on a fixed income, may keep us from enjoying meat purchased from a store.
                    (Donations may be sent to, “The Ford Foundation”, please identify these donations for the new vehicle.)
 
               Part Three;
               Pecans and those darn squirrels.  Our small pecan tree was loaded with pecans this year and with the rains we had I just knew we were going to have a bumper crop of pecans. Well that theory went to heck in a hand basket. Our poor tree no longer has enough pecans on it to make one pecan pie.
               I should note that we do have a bumper crop, of squirrels. We did not have as many squirrels last year as we do this year. The neighbor has been trapping them but I am not sure of what he does with them we he catches one. I may join him in the capture process as long as he is not releasing them.
 
               That is most of the news from The Ford Homestead.
 
I hope you don’t have a squirrely day.  
 
Don Ford

No comments: