Translate

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Paint, grass and eye surgery 092413

               As I have previously reported, I rode to San Antonio on Saturday which means I was not painting the trim on the house.

               Sunday, my spouse of 44 years and I went to the Cracker Barrow for Brunch. The food was good as usual but the service sucked. We sat there for approx. 30 minutes waiting on the food. Finally the server came to the table an apologized for the long wait saying the food would be up in a minute. I replied that I hoped it would be out soon. She left and a manager arrived at our table saying he was sorry for the wait and I replied, “I was also”. In a very short time a female manager arrived at our table with the food also apologizing. The food was hot and good but the services sucked. They did not offer any discount.

               We arrived home about 12:00 and I change into my old painting clothes and went to work. I was able to paint all the trim along the back of the house. The chimney still need a second coat of paint and I will get to that later.

               The rain has helped the grass so I decided to cut the grass front and back because I will not be able to use the mower for a couple weeks. I must say I was very tired when I completed my work but the house and yard looked real nice.

               I needed to get a good night sleep as I am supposed to be at the hospital by 5:30am. That seemed a little early to me but I was scheduled to have the first surgery.

The doctor said the surgery went well and told Donna to take me home.

               I had the next day check up this morning and again they said everything looks good. I can see real good with the eye today but it is still somewhat dilated which makes it a little difficult to look at bright lights.

               I have three different eye drops that I use every 6 hours (that is 4 times each day). Also I have to wear an eye protector when I sleep to keep me from rubbing the eye. In 30 days I should be at whatever is normal.

We hope you have an excellent day.

Don Ford

No comments: