Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dragons are real 101713

               This article will be shocking to many readers, as they have been lead to believe that Dragons are extinct. I am here to tell you they are alive and real, killing the unsuspected on a daily basis.

               If those statements are true, then why haven’t you read about the Dragon in the newspaper or seen the story on TV. 

For one reason the TV news is too liberal to deliver a violent story involving, “government protected Dragons” killing the very pretty and I might say innocent.

The newspapers are almost extinct themselves, and do not print important news.

I suggest, if you are the least bit squeamish, do not read any more and for goodness sake do not view the photos as they are truly heartless and very shocking.

This story begins as many of my stories do; I had walked out to my favorite rocking chair late in the afternoon. It had rained most of the day and the temperature was about 60 with a stiff breeze out of the north.

I had a container of peanuts and a magazine to review. As always my constant companion and confidant Tejas was with me.

I have previously explained that Tejas enjoys peanuts possibly more than I do. Me, being a health nut, I eat the peanuts because they are good for me but Tejas mostly likes the salt.

I walked to my rocker and sat down. Tejas was almost in my lap letting me know that he wants his daily ration of peanuts. I removed the top from the container and took a handful of peanuts out for him. At this point he was acting like a puppy wagging his tail and drooling. I placed his peanuts on the drive and he quickly consumed them.

I then reached for my magazine and leaned back in the chair expecting to enjoy, “Horse and Rider”. As I flipped through the pages I began to become aware that I was not alone.

I could hear a faint noise that I was unable to place. What was this sound? Was I hearing things? The sound was kind of a buzz and then kind of a flapping sound.

I was in no way prepared for what I was about to witness. To say it was barbaric would be putting it mildly. What I saw was a vicious attack by the Dragonfly on this pretty Monarch Butter Fly. I have been alive for many years and this was the first time I had ever seen this type of attack. 

I quickly reached for the camera and took several photos (two of which are attached below). When I approached for a close up photo I could literally hear a crunching sound as the Dragonfly was eating parts of the butterfly.

My second thought was to free the Butterfly from the Dragonfly but I did not. Not knowing how much damage the Dragon had inflicted on the Butterfly I decided to let nature take its course. (Click on the photo to see a larger image)

I hope this wasn’t too shocking for you.

 

Have a Dragon Free day.

 

Don Ford

 

No comments: