Translate

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Coupons at the checkout 10.18.13

               Have you ever stood in line at the checkout behind some person with a hand full of coupons, when you only have one or two items to purchase?

I arrived at the hardware store with a list of three items to purchase. They were having a parking lot sale and I needed to replace the battery conditioner for my motorcycle. The conditioner keeps the battery at a full charge which is important when it is not being ridden regularly. The sale price with the coupon was 50% less than regular.

I also wanted a small wheel and tire to put on a rope for the grand kids to swing on. It cost $4.00.

I wanted to procure a package of D batteries. These batteries were also 50% off with the coupon.

I did purchase all the above items and I had a coupon for each item. I decided I would need some, “butt connectors” due to having to rewire the battery conditioner. I found that it was less expensive to purchase a large package of connectors using a 25% off coupon than it was to buy a small package without the coupon. 

I had two additional coupons for free items (flash light and a 25 foot tape measure). For those of you who can do the math, that is a total of six (6) coupons. I lay the items on the counter and the lady began to scan them into the computer, then I hander her my hand full of coupons and the guy behind me with on item in his hand sighed. 

  “Today I was the person in front of the line with all the coupons; it felt good to be there. “

I hope you get to enjoy many discounts this week.

Don Ford 

 

No comments: