Translate

Monday, October 7, 2013

Having a good day 10.06.13

               I hope you are having as good a day as I am, the weather has turned off cool and we did get a few sprinkles of rain early Sunday morning but not the rain predicted. 

               My spouse of 44 years seems to be enjoying her new vehicle. I have loaded a few CDs to the hard drive so she can listen to her music or the Grand kids can listen to their music just by pushing a button. I have also loaded a few photos on the hard drive so she can customize the display monitor with personalized photos.

               On a different subject;

In the past I have written about the “rattle head copper moccasin” which is prolific here on the Ford Homestead. My grandson Alex has captured one of the creatures and also photographed the malicious reptile. Please understand this photo is graphic and may not be acceptable for all viewers.

  

The “rattle head copper moccasin” did eventually release my finger and the vicious reptile was released. No “rattle head copper moccasins” were hurt during this photo session.

               New subject:

            Was I really that good or has time made things seem better?

There was a message on our phone that went like this. “Don Ford, this is (person’s name), I use to work for you. I was just calling to say, you was one of the best bosses I ever had, I just wanted to tell you, I appreciate you letting me work for you. You all take care.

I did work with this lady probably 15 years ago; she worked in the old bin section at the Waco Center. I wonder if her opinion of me was as good then as it is now. With the passing of time there may be a tendency for many things and situations to seem better than they really were.

I did not get to talk with this person but her comment was a big part of me having a good day.  

A comment about a previous subject;

Those darn squirrels have taken almost every pecan off my tree; I am not declaring war on the squirrels but it is now a “declared conflict”.

Everywhere I look I see squirrels. Sunday morning I could see only one pecan on my tree. Later in the day as Glen and I were partaking of refreshing beverages, we observed a few additional pecans on the tree, but not enough to cancel the conflict.

I will use approved methods to exile these pests and bring the conflict to a quick end.

I hope you are having a very good day!

Don Ford

 

No comments: