Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wild Hogs

            For those of you who appreciate a good moving, you will know Wild Hogs is the name of an excellent and I believe, true moving about three motorcycle riders.

               Today is Thursday, which is usually the day I ride out to the Bunk House for lunch while Donna cleans. I haven’t decided whether I will go to the Bunk House today as I have a couple errands I need to do.
               Yesterday I help a friend to set up a new computer. The time consuming part was all the downloading of updates that took place. Yes, you can put computer expertise next to my title. My title seems to get longer each day.
               On the way home from the Bunk House last week I found a dead hog on the side of the road. To us people on fixed income, finding a whole hog is not just a blessing but a miracle.  This hog weighed in at approx. 150 pounds. It appeared to have been dead for less than a day so I stopped and decided to refill the deep freeze. There were some flies and other bugs on and around the hog but not enough to stop me from harvesting a few parts. I always carry a sharp knife which enabled me to...
               I just had a thought about knives and the fact that I have carried a pocket knife since I was in the 3rd grade. I carried a pocket knife all those years but I never killed anyone and I never robbed a convenience store.  Now days just having a pocket knife in school will get a kid in trouble. We live in different times…
               Back to the hog; I am not sure if it was wild or not. There weren’t any houses around close so it was probably wild. I was able to get a ham removed from the carcass and I carried it on the back seat of the bike. I also removed some ribs which I carried in the trunk of the bike. That road killed Wild Hog is helping feed the Ford Family. 
               Well I need to get a shower and go run my errands or I might not get any supper tonight.

From the pork filled mind of                        Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.


                                                                                                                  
                  

No comments: