Translate

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Alarm Clock

            Yes we can afford an alarm clock even though we are on a fixed income. Well, the truth is, we have had the alarm clock since the olden days when I worked and had a real income.

               We get up at the same time each day and we do not set an alarm clock. Today we both over slept a little (8 minutes). My amigo Tejas came to my side of the bed to be petted. He will bump the bed a couple times and if you don’t pet him he will get your attention with a wet nose. I reached over and rubbed his back without opening my eye. Tejas usually wants me to pet him a couple times each night. When I stopped petting him he turned the other side and asked for more. I obliged with another generous back rub.
               I just thought of this; why do humans rub their dog’s backs but never get a back rub in return from the dog.
               Tejas’ third request caused me to wonder what he was trying to do. I opened my eyes and looked at the clock.  I had over slept by a few minutes.  Tejas knows I need to put the recycle container out on Wed. morning so I assume he was trying to be helpful. I also put food in his bowl each morning when I get up but I am sure that was not the motivation.

               I will answer the question that several of you have asked;
               “Has the old black pecan fallen off the tree and did the world come to an end?”
From a previous posting; Control click to follow this link       End of the world ..          

               The pecan has fallen and as far as I can tell, the world has not come to an end yet. I did over sleep this morning so possibly that is a sign.

Have a nice day and enjoy the heat.

From the often sleepy mind of     Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.                   


                                                                                                                 
                  

No comments: