Translate

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The rest of the story


     I was going through old files today and I found this article which I don’t believe I have posted. It was a follow up to a June 15th posting.

            As I have told you I had gone to my past employer to pick up an order and donate to charity; there is more to the story than that.


               I know for some of you this will be shocking and very hard to believe but it is true. As you know, I had decided to go out to DIB to see if I could win a lawn mower donate to charity. Prior to leaving the house, I decided I would like a cup of Star Bucks coffee while I was out. I know that is shocking to some of you; me, on a fixed income, not knowing where my next meal will come from, spending money on Star Bucks coffee.

               I started liking Star Bucks coffee when I was traveling all the time. When you sit in an airport for hours waiting on you flight having a cup of coffee to sip on is nice. When I retired a good friend gave me a Star Bucks gift card which kept me dropping by for a cup every now and then.  As time passed, I received other Star Bucks cards, which only added to the Star Bucks addiction.

               This morning I could not find my card. I looked everywhere but the card was not to be found. I thought, the card might be in my pickup truck and David had driven the truck to work. Since I was going there anyway I would look in the truck. I searched the entire truck; the card was not in the truck.

               I did find something interesting in the back seat kind of hidden buy the child’s jump seat. There was a Power Ball ticket. I put in in my pocket and continued to search for the Star Bucks Card.

Do you find it odd that I continued looking for a Star Bucks Card when I had a Power Ball ticket from April 24th that may be worth a bunch of money? 

I had to pay for my coffee with money but I did have some help. In a past visit they gave me my receipt and if I complete an online survey I would get a dollar off my next purchase. I completed the survey and had the receipt with me. My coffee only cost 70 cents.

Back at home I went on line to see if my power ball ticket was a winner. I did not get one number, not one.

My wife did not have any idea where my Star Bucks card was. Even though it is difficult, I racked by coffee depleted brain as to where the card could be.  I went into the garage and look in the pocket of the motorcycle.  I had recently ridden the bike to Star Bucks for a cup.  The card was not in the bike.  I was ready to give up.  All seemed lost. There may never be any happiness in the world again.

Then it happened; I thought, possibly I had been wearing my riding jacket on my last visit to Starbucks.  The card was in the pocket.

The sun began to shine again; all was good in the world.



From the caffeine addled mind of              Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.

No comments: