Translate

Monday, July 23, 2012

Garage Sale

            People on a fixed income have to resort to selling their prized belongings to make a few dollars.  The Ford Homestead is almost empty on the inside due to selling possessions so we can pay our bills.

Donations may be sent to the “Preserve the Ford Homestead Foundation”
When having a sale in your drive way you should decide on a theme. We decided to go with “Poor Texans” as our theme. It is advisable to have the sell in the cooler months and not July or August. The temp was officially 105 Saturday and even though there was shade in the garage and two fans running at top speed it was not comfortable.
There was a sign placed in my well-trimmed yard, and people seem to totally disregard the feelings of the grass as they walked and sat chairs on it. I have watered it twice since the sale attempting to put some life back in my grass.
               On a different subject, I picked up my new sun glasses and they are really nice. I am able to see the world around me through dark lenses.  This pair of glasses will probably be the last use of my company insurance as the “Government Medicare” starts on August first.
(Possibly you have noticed that I have skillfully inserted this comment in the story line to advise you of my upcoming birthday August 14th. I know most of you will want to acknowledge my birth by sending checks, money orders and or gifts.  Please send these to the Ford Homestead Foundation before August 14th. )
Back to the sale; some of the items belong to a friend of ours. About half was ours and the other half was theirs.  I don’t know why I say “ours” as I did not receive a penny from this sale. I did spend my money for donuts that were shared by all.
               Before you ask, no one made an offer on the garage so we still have it, and I do not know how much was made from the sale but I can tell you it wasn’t enough to get me to sit out in the heat all day.

From the garage sale mind of       Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.


                                                                                                                  
                  

No comments: