Translate

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cacti hurts

Cacti is a plural of Cactus and we have both.

               Gabi is 5.5 and Alex is 2.2 years old. Both have their own ideas and opinions. This morning while enjoying a cup of coffee in the near freezing temperature of 72 degrees, Alex disagreed with me. This young man needs to learn that, “everything considered, I could be right”.
               We were sitting in our chairs on the drive way when this yellow school bus came by. Alex said it was a truck and I explained it was a school bus taking kids to school.  Alex insisted it was a truck and would not change his opinion. Being stubborn might be a trait of the Ford family, but he still needs to learn that I am always right.
               Yesterday I was pulling a few weeds from an almost perfect flower bed when Alex just had to walk in and through the flowers. In this flower bed there are some cacti growing. I showed him the stickers and pulled a large sticker out of his pants (it did not stick him). What I did not see was several smaller stickers in his pants.          We moved to a flower bed at the back of the house and Alex was again in and among the flowers and shrubs when he started to cry and point at his leg. I took him into the house to his mother. He always wants his mother when he is hurting (I don’t blame him, mothers are very comforting).There were several very small stickers in his leg. We used a magnifying glass and a flash light to find them all.
               Back outside again I was pulling weeds from the flower bed when I showed Gabi what mint looked and smelled like. She began to inform me that her teacher had shown them what mint looked, smelled and taste like.  She needs to learn to let me instruct her in these matters and not listen to outsiders (her teachers).  How can I teach them anything if they are going to listen to others?

From the sticky mind of Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.


                                                                                                                  
                  

No comments: