Translate

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cleaning up at the Ford's

There are times when we all need to help clean up and today was one of those days.

               There used to be a saying, “children should be seen and not heard”. I believe we could modify that to say, “Children should be worked and not allowed to play”.
               As you can see in the following photos, I have put my saying to good use and have required the children (Gabi 5.5 years and Alex 2.5 years) to work for their supper.
 In the first photo we see Gabi doing her dance moves as she washes the wing. She has found this to be effective at cleaning and a way to relieve stress.
I put the canopy in the drive way to keep the sun off me and immediately had two helpers.
 Alex participated in the cleaning process and at one point he was attempting to wash my shoes. I explained to him that he needed to put the soap and water on the bike and not my shoes. It was explained to me that my shoes were dirty (they are the shoes I wear when I mow). 
The rolling stool was for me but at one point Alex washed the stool seat and all.
 I must say they were very diligent at the process and did a very good job.
 I was very thankful for the help but they did not seem to appreciate the Rush Limbaugh radio show that I was listening to.
               I guess I should have taken a photo of the bike after it was dried. Yes I was using the broken camera to take these photos, I have it tapes together. 
               We are still taking donations at “The Ford Homestead Foundation”, for the purchase of a new camera.

From the almost always clean mind of      Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.


No comments: