Translate

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Early evening at the Ford Homestead

            It is early evening at the Ford Homestead as I and my trusty sidekick Tejas were enjoying the evening. I was sitting in my favorite rocking chair near the garage door on our drive way.

               Retired people who exist on a fixed income much like my wife and I, often have a favorite chair and they are often rocking chairs. As you may know I often contemplate deep, difficult subjects, which would be problematic for a person with an average IQ to consider. 

The subject this week is; “why do retired people on a fixed income like rocking chairs?”

               Tejas and I were enjoying the early evening as we watered the front yard. Tejas noticed the moon was out early again this evening as it had been for the last 4 or 5 evenings. When he pointed it out to me I decided I would take a photo, to share with you.

Not a cloud in the sky this evening and it was starting to cool down. We were at 99 today which is better than what some of the northern states were having.

               As you can see below Tejas was guarding the Ford Homestead by lying in the grass next to a water sprinkler. He knows how to take a shower, now I need to teach him how to use the dog shampoo.

 

 

               OK, back to the rockers and retired fixed income people. I have discovered that the rocking motion of the rocking chair gives the retired person a feeling of going somewhere. Since the retired person on a fixed income hasn’t the money to go places, the rocking chair is their way to get a felling, ever so small feeling of getting away.

               If you would like to send a retired person on a vacation you can make a donation to “The Ford Foundation of Hewitt”. Identify the donation as “vacation funds”.

 

From the rocking chair traveler mind of    Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.

 

 

                                                                                                                  

                  

 

No comments: