Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Thursday 10.18.18

            Today is Thursday, and I have nothing to report today. I have a cup of coffee and some cookies to dunk, which I am enjoying. I will just stop writing and kick back for the rest of the day. I might watch whet the contractors are doing today. It was said that they should connect the water to the kitchen sink, refrigerator and dish washer today. There could be a problem in doing this, they have removed our dish washer several days back, and it has not been returned.

            Now you see I have nothing to talk about today. It has stopped raining for almost 12 hours now and we only received an inch of rain yesterday. They have predicted we will have more rain this afternoon. The back yard has now soaked up most of the rain water, but we have a lot of mud along the fence where the Tres runs up and down barking at the neighbors and their dogs. I am now considering some type of electric fence to keep him away from the fence.

            As you can see there is nothing to write about. We discovered yesterday that the two cabinet doors above the fridge will not open all the way. They had discussed raising all the cabinets 4 inches allowing the doors to open. I suggested that the have the doors open from the bottom up like the old doors did. That means instead of raising all the cabinets 4 inches, they could just change the hinges on the doors, and all would be good. I have not charged for my consulting, yet

            Nothing is happening here, so I will not write about anything today. The contractor has a 12 x 12 foot canopy that they are working under to keep the rain off, and I was observing the fellow trying to put it up by himself this morning. I, seeing that he had never put one up, went outside to help him. I showed him how to lock it in place, I had him get on the opposite corner and pull, which opened it up to its correct dimensions. I have not charged for that tutoring and excessive work, yet.

            Like I said nothing to write about. The garage is full of our stuff and the contractor has a lot of his stuff in the garage also. One cannot safely walk in most areas of the garage. I had our stuff arrange with path ways so we could get to our items, and then they put their junk, I mean stuff, in our path ways. I will be glad when it is over.

            If I just had a couple things to tell you about, but nothing comes to mind, so I will just drink another cup of coffee and do nothing. I was picking branches and clumps of leaves up from the front yard this morning, they were spread over the yard during the heavy wind that brought down the big limbs in the back yard. These are small dead wood branches and clumps of green leaves that just look awful in the yard. As I was cleaning the yard, I discovered that the subcontractor who had used my hose had not put it back as he should have. When I started to put it back I discovered that the water was still on. Now it wasn’t running as the nozzle was turned off, but the hose was under pressure. I don’t do that, and I don’t expect others to do that. Also, they had somehow move one of my stepping stones out of place and did not put it back. I guess I should have been managing this entire project.

            If I just had a couple things to write about I would not be so bored. My spouse of almost 5 decades has gone to the store, so I am left here all alone. The contractor just asked me a question about the cabinets and I gave them an answer. I hope it is what my first wife would have said, if not, I will lie and say, they did not ask me!

            Well as you can see there is nothing going on here and I am bored to death. I am going to get a cup of coffee and maybe take a nap.

 

May your day not be as boring as mine is!

 

Bored to tears with nothing to write about; Don Ford 


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: