Translate

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Saturday 10.20.18

            It is Saturday, what did they get done Friday? Well, they got a lot of it done, but it is not finished. We were told, “It will be done Friday, October 19, 2018”. It is not! We have now been told, “We will be back some time Monday, October 22, 2018”. They did bring our dish washer back, but it isn’t installed. They have a slight leak at the shutoff valve for the dish washer, which they will try to fix on Monday. 
            I should say, most of what they have done has been done well. They said they would replace the ceiling fan in the kitchen if I would get a new one. We had to order the fan which will be here Monday. I told one of the workers they could take the old fan down as it was in his way. He started to remove it and he found that the wires were evidently connected in the attic. I had put the fan up many years ago and have no memory of how I connected it. Now I will need to get into the attic, move about two feet of insulation while finding the wires, see how I had connected it. Then un-connect it, cap the wires remove the old fan run any new wires install the new fan. Lots of work for a senior citizen. Can I still climb into the attic? We will see!
            Our first meal cooked on the new stove was chili. It was very cool and rainy outside, so chili seems to be a good choice for the first meal cooked. Photo of the new stove to follow.

            Click to smell the chili, WOW, it smells so good!
            As stated in a previous posting, we have a lot of my first wife’s things, to bring back into the house. She wants to wash all the dishes, glasses etc. prior to placing them in a cabinet.
I assume I will be washing and drying lots of stuff this weekend. Help would be accepted!
            I have been spackling the walls in the bath room today in an effort to make my spouse of almost 5 decades happy. I had never spackled before, I purchased a large container of joint compound. The joint compound goes a long ways, I should have purchased a smaller quantity. 
            Now the room needs to be painted. And we need more paint, underfunded and still needing to purchase items, this senior on a fixed income needs to win the lottery. Problem, one needs money to purchase lottery tickets. I am hoping for a few nice donations! J
            We have noticed that the cats and dog seem to be a little out of sorts today. My present spouse suggested that they were having withdrawals due to the numerous people not being in the house today. It is considerably quieter here at the Ford Homestead today.
            The garage is somewhat less full, now that the contractor has removed their items. Now if we weren’t tired senior citizens, we would be out there working. As you can see, I am sitting here writing, and my first wife is resting in the ole recliner.
            Speaking if the wife, she just informed me that we can get started in the garage. L

When you win the lottery, we could use a few million!

Poor, tired, but hansom; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: